Villas of Lake Highlands
About The Villas of Lake Highlands
This urban infill site in northeast Dallas was a former aging apartment complex. It was raised and downzoned to permit high density detached single family homes in anticipation of the high demand by young families to secure homes in the highly desirable Richardson Independent School District and particularly the Lake Highlands schools. The project was earmarked for David Weekley’s successful entrée into north Texas with their urban Central Living program of high density 3 and 4 story homes targeting young professionals. The project appealed however to a wider demographic of buyers who wanted the ease of the lifestyle with micro lots and yards maintained by the homeowners association.
Perfectly Positioned to Sell
- Close to White Rock Lake, Flag Pole Hill and White Rock Creek Trail.
- Area amenities included fenced dog park, community pool and cabana, gate and security.
- Nearby shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Tree-lined main street, decorative street lights and landscaped common areas with HOA.
- New construction within the IH635 loop, Lake Highlands attendance zones of Richardson ISD.
The tight knit community is gated with small scale laneways. A dog park and neighborhood pool and cabana provide gathering places. Just outside the gates a neighborhood shopping center provides a grocer among other services. Starting with 50 interested prospects at the beginning of construction, the project sold out ahead of schedule. The project successfully established Weekley as an innovative builder for urban locations in Dallas.